Local authorities Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire have come together to develop a local plan to manage COVID-19.
Nationally, we are all following Government guidance to stay safe and manage COVID-19 and it is important that we all continue to follow guidance to protect ourselves and the people around us.
How to stay safe
As of July 19, many of the COVID-19 restriction eased.
To continue to keep ourselves and each other safe, we encourage you to:
- Hands: Regularly wash your hands.
- Face: Wear a face covering when you’re in enclosed public places such as shops, on public transport or where social distancing is not possible - find out more about face covering exemptions.
- Space: Where possible, stay two metres apart from people outside your household, or support bubble.
- Fresh air: Fresh air is important to disperse the virus, open windows or meet outdoors
- Get tested regularly even if you don't have symptoms.
- Book your COVID-19 vaccine online or by phoning 119. For the best protection you will need to get a second dose 8 weeks or more after receiving the first dose.
- Download the NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app which is helping us all to play our part in stopping the spread of the virus.
- Continue to follow the latest government guidance.
- Get your booster vaccine - people over 40, those with underlying health conditions and people working in a caring role are all eligible six months after their last vaccination.
If you test positive, please give details about your contacts to the NHS Test and Trace service so they can be asked to isolate, to protect people around them.
NHS Test and Trace
The NHS COVID-19 app is a key part of the NHS Test and Trace service. The app is one of the fastest ways to see if you’re at risk from coronavirus. The faster you know, the quicker you can alert your loved ones, and your community.
The free app is available to download from the App Store or Google Play.
Once downloaded, you can ‘check in’ to any venue or business that is open to the public.
Download the NHS COVID-19 app.
In Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire we have developed a detailed outbreak control plan to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases to zero and reduce its impact on our most vulnerable residents. This site provides more information about our plan and how we’re working together.
Find out more about our plan.
Council services continue to be available during COVID-19, find out more from: